ConvergeOne: 1 Contact, 1 Connection, 1 Choice
ConvergeOne is the foremost, single-source provider of advanced communications and data technology for business. That means if it's digital, we connect our customers to it -- from phone systems and hardware to computer networks, application development, managed solutions and more. And we're 100% passionate with designing, implementing, managing and supporting our customers' every need from end to end, so that they can focus on what they do best.
So, when it comes to joining a team of IT and communications technology pros who are empowered to do what they do best, your best choice -- your #1 choice -- is ConvergeOne.
Charged By Greatness video: https://youtu.be/oX-OVtcfDqU
The Application Developer (Java Developer) role reports into the Senior Application Development Lead. The Java Developer drives innovative Server-side designs for ConvergeOne (C1) software products. This is sometimes referred-to as backend development. The Java Developer works with the lead to identify the user stories and tasks and prioritizes development, builds the tasks’ technical design, and develops in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methodology of product software. The Java Developer will undertake coding of complex services and will work with development sprints and daily standup meetings.
Per the product roadmap(s) and continuous requirements definition: design and develop API based microservices applications incorporating leading-edge compute concepts for C1 software products or new features for assigned GA products
• Design and development of microservices for GA products
• Working with Professional Services, implementation, cutover and support for new GA products, features and customizations
• Working with the Customer Success Centers, provide Tier 3/4 Day2 services including troubleshooting, diagnosis and bug fixes for assigned core products, features and customizations
• Work closely with the application development Lead in the software development team carrying out tasks associated with the above Essential Functions to design, develop and CI/CD new releases of products, features and customizations
• Help in assembling requirements for new server side microservices for the product roadmap. These requirements come from a variety of sources including customers, C1 sales, industry/competitive trends and internal ideation
• Update and maintain microservices technical documentation and code repositories
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Stay current on evolving programming languages and development methodologies
• Stay current on evolving Customer Experience Management (CX) technologies, applications and platforms; this includes but is not limited to the cloud and customer-premise versions of Contact Center Infrastructure (CCI) platforms, enterprise applications, CX Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Natural Language Processing (NLP) solutions
• Evaluate and scope application development initiatives
• Provide technical guidance and input for the Go-To-Market activities for assigned GA products
Minimum BSEE/CS or equivalent mix of education and experience
• 5+ Years’ Experience in Java and In-Depth Knowledge with Telephony, REST/Web Services and Full stack Application Development using Java, J2EE technologies.
• 3+ Years’ Experience and In-Depth Knowledge of Lean/Agile Development Methodologies, and Product Lifecycle Management
• Extensive knowledge in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and Support) using development methodologies and Agile (Scrum, Kanban, TDD - Test driven development, CI-Continues Integration) automation test and has exposure in the implementation of Internet/Intranet, Client/Server and MVC architecture applications using Java / J2EE Technologies.
• Extensive work experience in a Team/Development with complete ownership of end to end deliverables including requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, launch and post-production support.
• Expert in Core Java with Strong understanding of Collections, Multithreading, Event Handling, Exception Handling and Generics.
• Proficiency in developing secure web applications and server-side development using Hibernate ORM, Struts, EJB, Micro services, Servlets, Java Beans, SOAP and Restful web services and various J2EE Design Patterns.
• Expertise in Microservice business components using Java /J2EE and Implementation of REST web services based on RESTful APIs.
• Development experience with JSON data processing to interact with NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch, MongoDB or Cassandra.
• Experience in Database Design, Creation and management of Schemas, Indices in NoSQL DBs
• Strong database skills in NoSQL DBs like ElasticSearch, MongoDB.
• Experienced in using Scala, Java tools like IntelliJ, Eclipse.
• Experience in performing Unit testing, Integration Testing and generation of test cases using JUnit.
• Expertise in using source code control systems such as GitHub, SVN, CVS, BitBucket, JIRA, and Jenkins.
• Strong team player and effective individual with an ability to adapt to new technologies quickly.
• Strong work ethic with desire to succeed and make significant contributions to the organization.
• Ability to lead a diverse group of developers and contractors using current/next generation methodologies, programming languages, architectures, etc.
• Hands-on knowledge of: current generation programming languages such as Node.js, Python; services such as GitHub; and Docker
• Hands-on experience with RESTful APIs and other APIs for integrating C1 products with multiple vendors’ platforms
• Ability to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot the solution for proofs of concepts on latest technologies.
• Deep technical understanding of Application Programming Interfaces for: the major and evolving CCI vendors including Avaya, Cisco, Genesys, Twilio and Amazon; enterprise application software such as Salesforce.com, Oracle Service Cloud, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.; and the emerging Virtual Assistant/bot solutions such as Bold360, IPSoft, etc.
• Experience with building vertical-specific (e.g., insurance, banking, and healthcare) UX/UIs
• Technical understanding of building platforms based on a microservices architecture and deployment methods such as Kubernetes
• Experience with “Big Data” analytics platforms
* 401(k) Plan (35% match per dollar up to 10%)
* Health Coverage (BCBS of MN with National Network + Kaiser CA)
* HSA + Employer Contribution
* In-vitro Fertility (treatment coverage)
* FSA Plans
* Pre-tax Commuter Plans
* Employer-paid Life Insurance
* Employer-paid Short + Long Term Disability
* Paid Parental Leave (4 weeks at 100%)
* Employee Assistance Plan
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Legal/ID Theft Plans
* TeleHealth Options (Doctor on Demand)
* Omada Health (healthy living solution)
* ShareCare (fitness incentive of $20 - $40/month)
* SmartShopper (cash reward for searching for low cost treatments)
* Travel Assistance
* Business Travel Accident Coverage
* Pet Insurance
* Accident Insurance
* Critical Illness Insurance
* Hospital Indemnity Insurance
* Health Advocate
* Volunteer Time Off
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.
ConvergeOne provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and all team members will be treated with respect to their employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For further details please view the Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm<http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm>
Notice of E-Verify Participation
Right to Work